Monday, August 5, 2013

First Day of PLMI

It was a great first day at the PLMI!!!  By the way, PLMI stands for Public Library Management Institute.    Heather Lambert, Lynette Sloan, and Don Reynolds were today's speakers.  Heather spoke about the difference between being a leader and a manager.  I loved the games Heather had us playing.  She really knows how to keep my attention and keep it fun.  Don is very comical and read many quotes and even a children's literature book to get his points across.  Lynette spoke about the history of the library and how the first ones began along with how they have changed through the years.  It would be great to find a book truck at my local junk yard.  What a great find that would be or maybe Mike on American Pickers will come across one on his show.  Maybe I will send an email to be on the look out for a book truck in Tennessee.  We finished the day by putting leaves on the library tree, which each leaf had something special about each of our libraries.  I will take a pic tomorrow and post the "Great Library Tree."




2 comments:

  1. If Mike from American Pickers ever shows up at your library, you have my number. Or Frank, I'm not picky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the day too. I was pleasently surprised at how much I liked the games that Heather had us to do. I am usually not that comfortable with that but found I really enjoyed it! I loved Don's presentation too because he is so funny and entertaining. I also loved being reminded by Lynette of the history of the library. It really gives you a strong sense of pride. I am looking forward to what's ahead this week!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete